Just Sitting Here Thinking
Essays and thoughts of Rev. J. Vance Eastridge
- Family Picnic
- Everyone needs a 'Walden'...
- Homer,Did Anyone Ever Say, 'Thank
- Remembering a brother on Memorial Day
- I Went Back ......but, Couldnt
- in Mountain City, Tennessee
- Riding through life in my cars
- Remembering old automobiles and friends
- I heard a raindrop fall and it
remade the day
- "a little bit of heaven spilled over"
- Recapturing a moment lost
- Reminiscence in a garden
- blooming in unlikely places
- Ash Wednesday
- What is on your forehead?
- A Valentine from God
- a Valentine's Day thought
- Birthday Y2K
- a reflection on time
- Joseph cooked while Mary fed the baby
- a realistic crèche in words
- Trying to make Christmas match the
- a Christmas sermon
- On Words
- Son Brad makes the observation, "Words don't make gravy."
- Lord, open your sky, and rain on me
- While the parched earth thirsts for rain, a soul thirsts for God.
- The Acolyte
- On Brad's first procession as acolyte.
- First Frost
- False promises have consequences.
- A Candle in the Window
- A new Christmas tradition is born at the Eastridge's house.
- The Father who couldn't be there when
his son was born
- A Christmas Meditation.
Poems written by J. Vance Eastridge
Mailto: J.Vance Eastridge at vance (at symbol) eastridges
- A Fertile
Mind of Wonder
- I do not
see a need to wait
- I used
to lie upon the ground
- My heart
doth all but burst
- My Life
Is A Herd of Horses
- My mind has
built a wall
- Two canvasses
- Stepping Stones
- "Like stepping stones in mountain streams"
- Can life be shaped?
- Death is no companion for me
- A defiant poem penned when hospitalized for heart symptoms in the
- Morning thought